List Of Top 5 Songs That Became Instant Hit In Nigeria
Posted By: GalantMedia Staff
on June 13, 2019
Checkout Top 5 Songs That Became Instant Hit In Nigeria (Number 3 Was A Mad Jam)
The release of hit songs that makes music fans stay awake is not a new thing in Nigeria.
As a matter of fact, we have been enjoying many hit singles before the introduction of new generation artistes like Wizkid, Davido and sorts.
There have been major hit singles from the onset that made us feel on top of the world back in the days and below are the top 5 in no particular order:
1. Fall In Love By D’banj: The koko master himself, was apparently the biggest musician from Nigeria in those days. His songs is always at the top of every chart and in recent time one of the first artistes to feature a foreign artiste in the country.
Fall in love was a song even the deaf danced to, a love song that is palatable to the ears of old and young people of both genders. The song further got attention when the visuals came out which featured the top Nigerian actress “Genevieve” which sparked dating rumor between them as they were caught kissing in the video of the hit single.
2. Kerewa By Zule Zoo: Many of you would still be sucking mama’s breast during the time of Zule Zoo. It made a lot of wave in the country, even though the type of lyrics contained in the track would be likened to the type of songs the NBC would ban if it was sang in this modern day.
We are not sure of where they are currently, but we are glad they are part of the history in Nigerian music industry.
3. Yahooze By Olu Maintain: Yahoo! Oh Oh, was like a national anthem in the country then, arguably the song of the century in the nation. The song which came with the famous dancing move of moving hands upward made it to everybody’s playlist.
Olu Maintain caught the attention of people of all ages in Nigeria and whoever that didn’t listen to the song was undoubtedly living under the rock.
Lest I forget, when the Super Falcons of Nigeria won the 2007 U-17 world cup competition. Olu maintain is the artiste invited by Yar’adua the then president of Nigeria to perform for the team at the welcome party in Abuja. This shows the kind of gravity the song had at the period.
4. African Queen By 2face: 2baba is considered one of the living legends because in the industry because of this track that catapulted his career even to the outer world.
The song is indeed evergreen that even if played now. It would still fit into the recent time type of music people would love to listen to. African queen was/is a hit and 2baba is a legend. No doubt about that.
5. Mr Lecturer By Eedris Abdulkareem: Eedris was African 50 cent. He is rugged and one of the very minute musicians who can sing to condemn the government even to the face of the government officials.
Mr Lecturer is a dramatic song that explains what our young ladies face in higher institutions from lecturers and it is one of the song Nigerian loved so well.
Eedris is part of the singers in Nigeria we can call a legend and no bigger music was done by him other than Mr Lecturer.
There are many hit singles that rocked the music phase of Nigeria but the aforementioned are just some of them.
Which one do you enjoy most out of the songs?
Which other songs should make the list?
Drop your opinion in the comment box.
200 total views, 4 views today